Have we been asking the wrong question when it comes to our relationship with God? We tend to focus on the question, "Do you know God?". What is more important is the question, "Does God know us?" For instance, Matthew 7:21-23 begins with the words "not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven..." and the passage ends with " and I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me.'" Notice that God sends people away from his kingdom at the end of time not necessarily because they didn't know Him but because He didn't know them. The complete picture of salvation is us knowing God and He knowing us. If my salvation soley rests of how much I know about God then what if I don't get it? Apart from god knowing us, our knowing Him would be futile. Now of course God "knows" everyone because He created them, but I am talking about God knowing us in a coventantal love relationship made only possible by His Son's death and resurection.
Does God know you?
P. S. This is what we've been discussing in theology. Writing this down helps me study, so I'll just pretend that people are reading it.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
The Wrong Question
Posted by Mark, Genny, and Aivia Lindsey at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i'm reading it! :)
I am reading it also. Gina
Post a Comment